A Birthday Wish with Stripes and a Smile!

What fun I had destressing a little on this beautiful sunny day – I needed to create something.  So I set off for the craft room and this is what I came up with – A card with Stripes to  meet 3 challenges!!

Here is the card I made:

Made this fun, primary colored striped card using 2 old SU! stamp sets - Perfect Plaids and Smile!! I tore the edge and sponged it with red and I sponged a line of blue inside the card so it shows under the torn edge

Made this fun, primary colored striped card using 2 old SU! stamp sets – Perfect Plaids and Smile!! I tore the edge and sponged it with red and I sponged a line of blue inside the card so it shows under the torn edge

I will be putting this card in the following challenges:

Casology – Week107: STRIPE

Week 107 - Stripe

CAS(E) This Sketch! : # 87

CTS_87

Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge Blog – Challenge # 15: Anything Goes with a Twist – of Stripes

Thank you so much for coming by for a visit – I had fun making some cards that could be given to the boys I know!! They deserve a little beauty dontcha think – as long as I disguise it as cool!! Right?!?

Remember, Let’s make Beautiful Things to show others we Care!!

12 thoughts on “A Birthday Wish with Stripes and a Smile!

Super darling–LOVE your smiley face, friend! HUGS! Mynn xx

Thank you for putting a smile on my face on this Monday morning, Taunya! This is such a sweet and happy card. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sue Lelli says:

Love the primary stripes, the happy face, and the smile! CUTE card!

Holly AKA KopyKat says:

This is so super cute!!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

This is really cute. I agree that the boys should get some cool cards too. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week and I hope to see you again here soon.

Cute as can be, Taunya! So colorful and happy – love it!

Leigh Penner says:

This totally makes me smile! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Such a sweet happy card! I love the smiley face!

If I were inclined to take a ‘selfie’ (which I’m not…I don’t photograph worth a hoot), I’d look exactly like your smiley face; that’s the impact your card has on me! A big, bright ear-to-ear grin allllllllll over my face! The stripes are pure delight! I think this a perfect ‘cool’ card to bring some beauty in the lives of the guys you know, and I know they’ll love everything you create! I send my nephew a card every month (so far, he should have at least 29, although I may have missed a couple along the way) and even though he’s only two and may not have a clue what they’re about, I’m planning to carry on for as long as possible! I’m creating a ‘tradition’ *grin* and it seems to me you’re following a similar path. “Beauty”…it’s essential to happiness, and you, my friend, bring ‘beauty’ in your awesome comments into my life and the lives of the others whose blogs you visit!! You’re a treasure, my friend!!

So cute and I love your sweet smiley face with those festive stripes. Enjoy the rest of your week.

How cute is this? I love that little smiley face!! This card makes me happy with the fun stripes and the torn edge. Great take on the challenge!!

And yes, you can come over and stamp with me anytime you want!! I would love to have a buddy. I don’t have many people that do this craft so I do it all by myself. (and my husband would happy that my supplies got used more then they presently do!!)