Getting “Kraft”y!!

I decided to give another challenge a whirl and this time it was at Paper Crafting  Challenge and the challenge is “Get KRAFTY”

I made a whole stack of this card for my dad to use as Thank you’s.  Here is how it turned out:

I used a SU! stamp set here too - It is called Definitely Decorative Branch.  And the Thanks is from another SU! set called Fall Fun! Since these were for my dad I kept it CAS and One Layer!

I used a SU! stamp set here too – It is called Definitely Decorative Branch. And the Thanks is from another SU! set called Fall Fun! Since these were for my dad I kept it CAS and One Layer!

Another card I made 4 of was this one:

The embossing folder I used is Elegant Bouquet by SU!  The stamp set I used was All About U - a SU! set.  I added some Doodlebug Design sequins to give it a little sparkle!!

The embossing folder I used is Elegant Bouquet by SU! The stamp set I used was All About U – a SU! set. I added some Doodlebug Design sequins to give it a little sparkle!!

I had fun stamping all these cards! I fussy cut out the u and the flower and then put them on with foam mounting dots!

I submit both of these cards to Paper Crafting Challenges # 15 – Get KRAFTY

These two cards are my entries into the Paper Crafting Challenge # 15 - Get KRAFTY

These two cards are my entries into the Paper Crafting Challenge # 15 – Get KRAFTY

Hope you had fun looking – see you again soon!!

10 thoughts on “Getting “Kraft”y!!

Good luck on the challenge! Your cards are delightful! How nice that your dad uses your cards. Great job! Thanks for sharing :-)

P.s. Do you get your Doodlebug products online? They are always so cute!

Patti says:

What a sweet daughter! : ) He’ll be so blessed.

Patti

Your embossing is very, very sweet Taunya!!!!!! So happy that you made a whole stack of cards, very industrious!!! They will be cherished!!! Hand made are the very best! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us and Joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges!! Your comments on my blog are very sweet, thanks so much!!!! So glad you were inspired. You do CAS cards very well! At CASology, we still have a STRIPE challenge running, if you get more inspred that is!! Hugs -Kimberly!

Karen P says:

Hi Taunya
    I just wanted to pop on over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my kraft card with butterfly. It is so very nice of you to do so and I really do appreciate it so thank you very much!
    I love the dry embossing on your kraft cards and the stamping is perfect for these cards – makes them so much more special for the person you are going to give them to. I hope you have a lovely weekend Karen x

Great cards. Perfect for a man to give also.

Taunya, Your dad is going to love those thank you cards! Great job on both cards!
    Debbie

These are both fabulous, friend! LOVE the dry embossing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Taunya, I’m a week late (how time flies and my disorganization increases…yeessh!), but aiming to catch up on your abundant creativity! Your cards for your dad: gems, every one! The kraft, paired with the colours and images you’ve chosen, as well as the eye-catching embossing, are perfect x amazing for a man to be sending. I can imagine how pleased he is with these, and how his heart will swell with pride when he mails them knowing they were created especially for him by his incredibly special, thoughtful daughter! Your comments on my blog are absolutely heart-warming! Visiting your site is always a joy, and I’m so glad you find snippets of entertainment in mine. As for watercolour: oh, my! If I can do it, then trust me, you definitely can! Part of my frustration is because I only use distress markers/ink, and they just really aren’t that vibrant (at least in the colour selection I have). My Prisma pencils have potential, however, I haven’t quite figured out how to navigate with them. Jennifer McGuire has a great video on her blog (as well as a blog hop connected with Case Study) showing quite a simple technique. Check it out…I know you’ll ace it!! Huge hugs to you, wonderful Taunya; you sure know how to make me feel fantastic!
    ~c

Wow…you are such a sweet daughter to make cards for you dad and I am sure he truly appreciates all that you do. Your cards are so sweet and I love the embossing.

What nice cards. I like how you embossed on the kraft. I have such a hard time using kraft for a card. I think you could give me lessons!!