Love Notes for my Family

Well, today is the day – I am off to my Girls Retreat later this afternoon!! Yes, I am so excited!! I look forward to working on the 126 scrapbook pages I have prepped, making thank you’s for my dad to use, and maybe starting a stitching project too!! But mostly, I am excited to spend time with dear friends!!

It has become a tradition at our house that, while I am away, I will leave a love note for my kidlets and hubby each day!! And I thought I would share what surprises I am leaving for them!  I can show you on here because my husband is the only one in my house who looks at my blog & he already knows what I am doing so I am not spoiling anyone’s surprise!!

This picture shows the envelopes with treats in them all lined up and ready to open on the right day!

Treat envelopes - already to go!! There is one per day I am gone - except Friday! I did two treats for that day!

Treat envelopes – already to go!! There is one per day I am gone – except Friday! I did two treats for that day!

Alrighty – Treat # 1

Skittles with Rainbow notes for Wednesday evening!

Skittles with Rainbow notes for Wednesday evening!

Rainbow tag - front and back shown here!  Says - Hope you have a "Rainbow" of fun!!

Rainbow tag – front and back shown here! Says – Hope you have a “Rainbow” of fun!!

Up Next is Treat # 2

Green Apple Laffy Taffys in cello bags with a tag!

Green Apple Laffy Taffys in cello bags with a tag!

Tag for green apple Laffy Taffys - Youre the "Apple" of my eye!!

Tag for green apple Laffy Taffys – Youre the “Apple” of my eye!!

And Then we have Treat # 3

4 cello bags filled with lifesavor candies!!

4 cello bags filled with lifesavor candies!!

Note says - You are my "lifesavor"!!

Note says – You are my “lifesavor”!!

Treat # 4 is this:

Here are the Reese's treats for Friday before bed!!

Here are the Reese’s treats for Friday before bed!!

Tag says - The "Reeses"on for this treat is to say I Love You!!

Tag says – The “Reeses”on for this treat is to say I Love You!!

And last, but certainly not least, is Treat # 5:

Cute monkey tags to go with the Laffy Taffys - I am "bananas" over you!!

Cute monkey tags to go with the Laffy Taffys – I am “bananas” over you!!

Banana Laffy Taffys on a cello bag with monkey tag - I am "bananas" over you!!

Banana Laffy Taffys on a cello bag with monkey tag – I am “bananas” over you!!

These monkeys were created from this idea here!

This is something fun I like to do to remind them that their mom/wife is thinking of them!! It’s just a few beautiful things I make to show my favorite people that I care!!

Thanks for coming by – I hope you are staying tuned because I will be showing the treats I made for my friends very soon!!

11 thoughts on “Love Notes for my Family

Ok…how stinkin’ cute is this idea?!? Your treats are just so adorable and I am sure your kids and hubby are going to love them. I also like how you labeled them to be opened on a certain part of the day…how fun! You are just so creative. :)

Taunya! You are just the sweetest thing…will you adopt me?!? LOL I love your idea of leaving love notes while your gone and your little treats are the cutest! I hope that you have tons of fun while away at your retreat :) Safe travels!

First of all, I am in awe that you’ve prepped 126 pages to work on. Wow! You will have so much fun creating with your friends. I think I’m jealous. :) I love the idea of leaving treats for your family. I’ve done this on a much smaller scale (since I only have one child, LOL) and I love coming up with punny sayings to go along with the candies. Have a wonderful time, Taunya! Can’t wait to see your creations!

Enjoy your retreat – you deserve it! Your treats are all so sweet – I’ll be casing them for our children at church! Take lots of photos! Hugs…

They are all awesome, Taunya! I LOVE a good pun! Filing these away for future reference! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

This is totally adorable!! I LOVE it!! Have a lot of fun on your retreat. Relax, enjoy your time away. I cannot wait to see what you made!

How fun to leave daily treats! Enjoy your retreat!
    Debbie

Oh my, Taunya – you are a marvel! First, 126 pages of scrapbooking; that along has taken my breath away! I can only imagine how amazing they are so, yep – putting in a request for some showcases, please! You mentioned some stitching projects – is there no end to your creativie talent? Details, details! I do love cross-stitching (I have an incomplete Noah’s Ark birth sampler for my nephew awaiting my attention…card-making however, has taken over!). Let us know what projects you’ll be working on (look at me: giving you extra chores for your already full list!). These treats and notes: absolutely heart-warming, thoughtful and yummy-sweet! You’re a top notch mom/wife…your family will miss you immensely, but these darling gifts will let them know you’ll be missing – and thinking of – them the entire time you’re away! Happy sighhhh….a visit to your blog brings a smile to my face! (I owe you a note…will do so soon!!)

Monika/buzsy says:

Oh, these are soooo sweet! You are amazing, leaving these cuties for your loved ones. I especially love the rainbow tags!

Patti says:

Amazing!! I love doing things like this too : ) I am sure they all appreciated it so much!!

Patti

Kymona says:

The last time you did this I was amazed. Well you double WOWed me!! Your family is so fortunate to have you. You put so much thought into these treats that I can see the love bursting out of the packaging. You are a fantastic person. I’m so glad that I know you!