Smile!!

Hey there, everyone!! I hope this Summer day finds you smiling and not melting!! I am in the smiling and melting, since it is 102 degrees here today in Utah where I hail from!!

I have created a card today that was inspired by my son, who has for all the 10 years of his life, been obsessed with any kind of ball!  He loves sports to the  max!! Whenever he is found playing with a ball, he has a big, happy smile on his face!!

So, enter here a card created with him in mind – using the Have a Ball set (another oldie but a goodie) from Stampin’ Up!

Perfect card for any lover of sports - old or young!!

Perfect card for any lover of sports – old or young!!

I used vellum, clear and blue, to create the smile banner!  I used a Little Yellow Bicycle word die I purchased last week from Hobby Lobby to get the smile – I cut it out twice and layered them.  The balls are arranged and stuck down with double stick mounting tape!!  A few speckles in blue and a trio of stars completes my creation!! I am entering this card in three challenges, they are: CAS(E) this Sketch –  # 84CTS_Sketch84

And Cupcake Inspirations – Challenge 269CIC269

And Virginia’s View Challenge – # 5 Die cut V. V. Challenge #5 (2) (1)

And last, but not least, over at Moxie Fab World – “Wonderful Words Challenge” I enjoyed making this card with my super fun, and uber cool 10 year old in mind – I think I am going to tuck it away for his birthday next March!!  SHH!! Don’t anybody tell him!! When you are creating does something about someone you love inspire you to create? I hope you can think of someone in your life and create a card specific to them!!  I am glad to say that this was fun and I am pleased with how it turned out!!

Have a super, wonderfully cool day filled with lots of inspiration!!

Leave me a message – they make me feel like the creating is helping someone!!

31 thoughts on “Smile!!

TINA says:

cool card…thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
    sweetie dt

Taunya,
    This is fabulous! Great take on the CAS(E) sketch! I love all the sports ball, stars, well everything! I am so excited that you joined us at Cupcake Inspirations, and I really hope to see more of your creative cards in future challenges!
    Debbie

This is SUPER fun, Taunya! It would make the perfect birthday card for a guy! LOVE it! HUGS! Mynn xx

Leigh Penner says:

Oh, this is so fun! What a great take on the sketch!

donna mikasa says:

Hi Taunya! Thanks so much for your kind visits to my blog and the heads up on my Paper Smooches shout out! I spotted the sketch right away, with the different sports balls–so clever! I’m sure your son will love it!

hi Taunya…great take on the sketch inspiration. Your son is going to love it!!!

I am so impressed with your stamping, Taunya! This is the perfect card for a boy who loves sports!

Barb King says:

That card is a perfect take on that sketch, and just right for a sports loving boy!

Megan Carroll says:

Great take on the sketch Tanya….what a perfect “boy” card!!

Deepti says:

What a brilliant idea, I love the addition of vellum for sentiment :)

Beth Pingry says:

Hi Taunya, cute card and perfect for those pesky boys who are so hard to create for! I should know, I have 2 of them! And thanks for visiting my blog too! (BTW when I click through your signature there it links to your old url).

Sheila H says:

This card is perfect for a sports loving boy (or man!)!! My grandson would love it :) The vellum is a nice touch.

Jeanette M. says:

This is a great card! I love those ball stamps.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and the kind words. :)

I lOVE this card. You rocked both these challenges. I love the fun sports balls and the speckles behind them. Really, really cute card. Thank you also for your kind words and your heads up about the PS blog. I was offline the past two days trying to get things done around here and would never have thought to check. Have a Fabulous day!!
    Nora

Diane says:

I really LOVE this, Taunya, what a creative and unique interpretation of the sketch!!

karolinasttl says:

Such a great card for someone who’s keen on sport. I really like your concept. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs :)

Debby says:

Fabulous card perfect for boy.
    luv
    Debby

Perfect boy card! Love your use of vellum, great work!

Stacy Cohen says:

Hi Taunya,
    I posted a giveaway on my blog for the KaiserCraft house of drawers and the Creative Spaces special issue, and one of the original winners I picked never responded. So I just picked another winner . . . and it’s YOU! Congrats! Please email me you address and I will forward it on to Paper Crafts so that they can send you your prize.
    Thanks!
    Stacy Cohen
    sjbarancik at aol dot com

Darnell says:

Well done, Taunya! Your super cool young man is gonna love his sporty card filled with his favorite things!! I love the vellum Smile overlay, too! This should be a winner in the challenges IMHO!! Hugs, Darnell

Claire says:

What a great masculine card Taunya – I love how you’ve interpreted the sketch and the vellum looks great with the sentiment!

Eileen says:

Aww, what a cute card! Hopefully he doesn’t love sports enough to play in the 102 degree heat! All the best to you~

Michelle W says:

What a great “boy” card! Thanks for joining us at CTS!

You knocked this out of the park, Taunya! (no pun intended!) Love your interpretation of the sketch and cupcake inspo. The vellum banner looks so cool over the different balls. Great job!

Patti says:

Wow! sensational card perfect for your son or any boy!!

Thanks for giving me your blog addy! I’m so glad to have found you!

Patti

Cathy R says:

Fantastic male card, your son will love it, Cathy x

Absolutely brilliant!! So nice to see a card thats not feminine, makes it really stand out. And its a fantastic take on the sketch, would never thought of balls!! Just just know your son is going smile big when he see’s this one!

Fabulous, just fabulous! I love your take on this sketch and all the sports balls too, so much fun. What a wonderful guy card too…off to pin this one for another day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you get a cooler day soon.

Virginia L. says:

I love how you used the word die with vellum!! Totally fun and creative! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View Challenge!

Look at you go, my friend! Another word die – used to perfection – and those various sports balls are simply, fantastically sensational! A whole lot of love is infused into this card for your son and it shines through every element you’ve selected! He’ll love this to the max, as do I! Smile maker and day brightener! Awesome! I must say that image from the Cupcake challenge is causing me to crave a donut…*grin* Have a most excellent Monday, sweet Taunya!

teri says:

So cool, Taunya! Love those balls. And the banner from vellum with the word on top? Over the top in goodness!