Beautiful Balloons

I was inspired by this challenge over at Inkspirational Challenges – Challenge 60 – photo inspiration.

And here’s the photo that inspired me:

challenge60inkspiration

I thought this was beautiful and I remembered a collection that I won from Webster’s Pages a while back – It was called “Postcards in Paris” and it had the perfect items for me to make this card:

Card made with papers from Webster's Pages "Postcards from Paris" collection!!

Card made with papers from Webster’s Pages “Postcards from Paris” collection!!

I scalloped the edge of one side of the card front, then I sewed it down onto a kraft card base from PaperStudios (they come in packs of 50 and are on sale this week at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off). The word beautiful bubble was cut out of a piece of patterned paper and mounted to the card with foam dots! The addition of a few pearls from Doodlebug Design completed it!

ETA – linked this beauty up at Fresh Brewed Blog: July Challenge # 1 (In the Sky)

Also linked up here at ATCAS – code word:SKY

ATCAS - code word sky

Hope you like it!  Have a Beautiful day!!!

Remember to make something BEAUTIFUL to show someone you care!!

27 thoughts on “Beautiful Balloons

Can you say Gorgeous?!? Great take on your inspiration photo. So loving the sentiment bubble placed across the balloons! :)

Beautiful paper, beautiful inspiration, and beautiful card! Someone will be ever so happy to find this in their mailbox! Great job!!!

Katy D says:

This is gorgeous! This is the perfect paper! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! :)

Taunya…your card is just as beautiful as your inspiration photo and I love the Webster Pages Postcards in Paris and you really made it shine. I love the soft, romantic look to your card and that you took the time to sew on it too. So sweet.

Sandie says:

How fab you had all the DSP so suitable for our challenge! The added stitching and edge make the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Ink

Diane says:

You used the perfect paper for the challenge! I love Webster’s Pages papers, and the die cut sentiment you used for this card is perfect! Nice work :)

Tammy says:

Gorgeous card Taunya! I love the soft stamped balloons and your fabulous stitching! Thanks for stopping by!
    Tammy x

Jess says:

Very pretty! Love that inspiration photo!

Therese says:

I’ve not seen these balloons before, they are just wonderful and so is your card!

Claire says:

That paper is just gorgeous – kind of olde worlde. Perfect for the challenge! Love the scalloped edge and the stitching gives it a really special touch!

Lindsey says:

Beautiful card… and such a perfect take on the inspiration photo!

Thanks for coming over to my blog and letting me know I won Inkspirational – I don’t always keep track of things…. This is one beautiful card you made – so perfect for the challenge …. Have a great weekend Taunya!

Taunya!! Hi *waving wildly* My deepest apologies for being MIA, but after our trip for the event I wrote you about, my sister-in-law, her mom and the two kids arrived on Tuesday. We have been non-stop go, go, go every day!! Today and tomorrow, my husband and I are officiating at bike races (the guests leave tomorrow…sad face x a zillion), so my opportunities to ‘visit’ have been pretty much absent. I’m here though (found a quick moment of ‘me’ time) to say GORGEOUS card!! Those papers, your layout, your creativity: amazing!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational! (and I’ll catch up on your other gems as soon as I can!)

Sylvia-Anne says:

This really is beautiful Taunya! Love the Webster’s papers – perfect for the SKY theme at ATCAS – thank you so much for joining us – Sylvia x

Taunya,
    This is gorgeous! Love those hot-air balloons! Perfect take on the challenges! Also wanted to thank you for leaving all your kind words on my blog! I truly appreciate them! Thanks also for becoming a follower!
    Debbie

Geri G says:

Hey Taunya (love how you spell your name!). Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today ! I love having company visit!

Just took a LOVELY stroll through you blog! Awesome creations! You definitely have a keen eye for design – all your cards are so well balanced! Totally loving the balloon card – the colors seem ‘soothing’! I honestly don’t think a more perfect stamp set could be found for this inspiration photo! :)

Sheila H says:

That paper is so pretty, and I love how you enhanced it with the stitching, speech bubble and twine. Great card! Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your kind comments.

Sheila H says:

I forgot to say I’m now following you in Bloglovin’ :)

This is so beautiful and a perfect interpretation of the inspiration picture. I loved how it was sewn on to the kraft base and scalloping on one edge…genius! I never thought of doing that before and have just received my first scallop metal die, so can try that out. And that balloon paper is out of this world. Stunning!

Taunya, you totally captured the look and feel of the inspiration piece in your beautiful card. It’s so soft and pretty! The pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

Laina says:

You were the winner of the Fancy Pants prize pack on my blog! Please send me your address so I can get your package out asap.

Amy A says:

Oooo this is so pretty! I love the DP and the soft romantic feel of it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

Amy- DT Freshly Brewed Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

Deepti says:

Great design, these hot air balloons look amazing !

Heather D. says:

Oh will you just look at those gorgeous hot air balloons! Love them!!! This CAS card has it all while still keeping the CAS Style. Beautiful pearls, stitching, twine… everything is perfectly placed and just lovely

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fresh Brewed Designs in the sky challenge.

Heather D.

It really is the perfect paper. I love the stitching and that bit of twine too!

baileyrosy says:

Thanks so much for joining us this time at ATCAS love those fantastic balloons !

Marie

Maarit says:

Super cool card, love it!

Warm hugs