Christmas in July

Alrighty, blog world, I know you are all counting down the days until Christmas, right?!?!? My answer is Heck, no!!!

But I did make these projects for some challenges – both requiring a word die and the only one I have says Merry Christmas – so I decided to go with that!!!

First, I made this card by gluing SU! twine in random swirly patterns on a white card front.  I then glued that to a folded piece of gold SU! cardstock and sewed the vellum strip onto the card and then added the words “Merry Christmas”, that had been cut out with a word die, over the vellum!! The final touch was a mini gold jingle bell tied with gold thread and glue dotted on the front over the i!  I think it turned out great!  Here it is:

A touch of gold for Christmas with a little jingle!!

A touch of gold for Christmas with a little jingle!!

I am entering this challenge over at  Moxie Fab World:”Wonderful Words Challenge” !  Feeling wordy – you could come play too!! It ends on Sunday, July 20th at midnight EST!! Hope you decide to join in the fun!!

My second project is a tag with words  – I am linking it up over here at the new challenge blog Tag You’re It!! challenge # 1

TYIC_1

Here is what I made – A Merry Christmas Tag with a jingle bell and some SU! twine.  Check it out:

Christmas Word Tag

I used the gold rectangle negative from the words punched for the above card, layered it on vellum.  Then I sewed that down onto a Forest Green tag.  I cut out Merry Christmas from red cardstock and glued it inside the negative!! Then some twine and a gold jingle bell!!

E TA – I have decided to enter the Christmas card over at Virginia’s View Challenge – # 5 Die Cut

V. V. Challenge #5 (2)

Also linking the Merry Christmas card up over at Simply Create Too: Challege # 65  – Christmas in July

What do you think? I am pretty pleased with myself because this is my first experience with word dies – but it went pretty great!!

Thanks so much for looking!  Leave me a comment letting me know what you think, ok?!?

12 thoughts on “Christmas in July

I’m always in the mood for some Christmas spirit, especially when it includes beautiful projects like this. :) I actually just finished a Halloween project for a design team assignment. LOL!

You did a great job for a first timer! Love your projects, as always! I’m with you on the heck no! Not at all ready!

Leigh Penner says:

Lovely projects! Great take on Virginia’s tags!

Marybeth says:

Great job with the inlay word die! Love the gold and little bell. Beautiful tag and card! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

Wow…such a wonderful pair of beautiful creations! Your tag is about as sweet as they come and your card is just amazing! I love your fabulous style too. How did you get your baker’s twine to stay on your card?? it is so fun and I would love to give this a try. Your gold embossed sentiment and jingle bell just the right addition to make this very festive. You should enter both of your creations at Simply Create Too…the current challenge is Christmas in July.

Diane says:

You did a wonderful job with the word dies, Taunya, I really love the shiny gold, perfect for Christmas!

Oh Taunya…so happy to see your card at Simply Create Too’s Christmas in July challenge. It is an amazing card, I just love how you used your sparkly baker’s twine, so fun and so unique! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

Virginia L. says:

GREAT job on the Christmas tag! I love how you used the inlaid die for the sentiment. Gorgeous colors and details! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Challenge! Taunya! So glad that you enjoy the challenge blog :)

Deepti says:

Superb Christmas card, what a brilliant idea to place the twine :) this is so unique

Marion says:

I love the inlaid die technique! Thanks for playing along with the TYI challenge :)

Thank you for entering our “Christmas in July” Challenge at Simply Create Too with your wonderful Christmas card & tag. Looking forward to seeing your entries in our new challenge this upcoming Friday too.

Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team

First time with word dies? Well, my friend, you’ve used it like a pro in both projects! Defnitely A++++, and given your resounding success, I say “buy more”!! You’ve worked magic with these two, so adding to your collection is definitely in order. Is this a PS word die? Your card with the stitched vellum panel is lovely, and that tag, with the gold and pink, combination, is incredibly pretty! Yes indeed…awesome in every way!