Good Morning, blogland!!! I am so grinning from ear to ear right now because I am linking up to TWO more challenges!! This is such a stretch for me because I have a hard time creating on demand or in a certain way.  But, I did it!!

I made this card using Watercolor mini and Little Shapes stamp sets both from Stampin’ Up!  I did it in the blue/white color scheme – my colors are SU! Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy!!

Here it is –

Blue White challenge

I am linking up this card here at Inkspirational: Challenge 59 – Blue with White/Cream

badge blue and white

So I liked this card so much that I tried making it in a yellow version for a different challenge and added a gold cording bow. The colors I used are Barely Banana and More Mustard – also from SU!

It turned out like this:

Did this card in yellow too - cuz, YEP, its my favorite color!!

Did this card in yellow too – cuz, YEP, its my favorite color!!

I am linking this yellow version of this card up here at House of Cards – July Challenge, Add a Bow

Blog Badge copy

There are so many blogger/papercrafters out there that make this challenge stuff look easy!! My hat is off to ALL of them because this is stretching for me – but they inspire me so I am giving this a try!!

I sure hope that one of the versions of this card made you smile because I am still grinning to myself!!

Thanks so much for stopping by – leave a thought about which color was your favorite!!

21 thoughts on “Inkspirational Challenge 59 – Blue with White/Cream AND House of Cards July Challenge – Add a Bow

Two fantastic cards. Love them both, especially the torn edge. That is a fun touch I have not seen in a while.

Kim M. says:

A very lovely card! Love the torn edges. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

Daen'Ys says:

Two gorgeous cards Taunya. Love a little more the yellow one….
    Thanks for playing along with us at House of Cards.
    Rosi x

Toni at FHC says:

So fun that you tore the edges. Very simple yet eye-catching design detail–love it!
    Thanks for joining in at House of Cards. Good luck!

Shauna says:

These are beautiful! I think that marina mist is the best SU shade of blue! Wonderful choice for your watercoloring project. The torn edges almost give it an old book feel. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspiational!
    – Shauna

Deepti says:

This is a cool design, I like the rough torn edges of the card and the focal image :)

Tammy says:

These are gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design and the torn edges! Thanks so much for joining us at HOC!
    Tammy x

These are so beautiful and elegant, Taunya! I love the softness of the design and the pretty torn edges.

These are wonderful! I really love the torn edges, it’s very striking and it looks good in any color combination!

Katy D says:

Oh I love that you made this card in a different color! I love the torn edges. Very nice! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

Kymona says:

Hey Taunya! Yayyy, happy to see that you’ve posted to two different challenges. I love both cards but the yellow one is my favorite. I love how you riped the paper to give it a vintage look. Awesome job.

First off I would like to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog and second so happy I took the time to pop over for a little visit! Your cards are fabulous and I love your wonderful design. Your torn edges along with the windows and stunning tulips…fabulous!

Taunya, these are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the different colors you used and the different ribbons, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! Mynn xx

These are beautiful! I can see why you are grinning! LOVE the masked little squares!

These are so lovely!! I really like the shadow stamping and how you have the flowers peeking out the little windows. I also love the inked, torn edges on your card. I haven’t done that technique in a long time and might have to copy it. Fabulous, fabulous design!!

Nancy Seed says:

Wow great job. Love how you tor the edges of the card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month at HOC.

Monika Reeck says:

I love your tore edge the card…Great one in Blue and the yellow one is so sweet..perfect use of bow for our challenge this time…wonderful card…

Thanks for joining us at House of Cards Challenge this time..
    hugs,
    Monika (DT MEMBER)

Vannessa says:

Both of these are fabulous, but the yellow one is my favourite – such a happy, sunny colour! Thanks for joining in the House of Cards challenge this month.

Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

Love your simplicity and the torn egdes. Thank you for participating in the ‘Add a Bow’ challenge at House of Cards.

Ma :)
    House of Cards DT

cohenna says:

Two beautiful, fantastic cards! Thank you for playing along with us at House Of Cards
    cohenna
    House of Cards DT

Grinning? You should have a mega watt smile (as I do right this moment) all over your face at how stunning both these cards are, Taunya! The colours you’ve selected complement the beautiful flower images perfectly; delicate and soft! The torn edges such a special touch! Yes, entering challenges is…well, a challenge, but it looks to me like you are rockin’ whatever you’re taking on! And of course, the more you enter, the more confidence you’ll gain! You have the creativity and talent, for sure! Off to see what’s next – after yet another few minutes of gazing and admiring these two beauties first…