Retreat Notes

Last year in July I made a post about a crafting retreat that I try to go on every summer. Read more about that here. While you are at that post, read about the love notes I leave for my family while I am gone and in general about my love for making what I call “treat notes”.

In this post I would love to share with you the 4 treat notes I made for all my sweet friends who were at the retreat with me.  At a certain time during each day of the retreat I would come out of my room with a basket carrying notes – one for each person with their names on it and everything!! It was a little way for me to share how glad I was to be there with them and share their friendship!! I just wanted to make beautiful things for them to remind them daily that I care about them!!

Day 1 – Diecut purse out of strawberry design patterned paper and put inside it – YUMMY Godiva Strawberry Cheesecake truffles. (Chocolate is always a good idea, right?!?)

"Purse"onally I am so "berry" glad that you are here!!

“Purse”onally I am so “berry” glad that you are here!!

Day 2 – A Brightly colored and decorated sour cream pouch filled with a baggie of skittles!! Read more about the sour cream pouch here.

Have a "rainbow" of Fun!

Have a “rainbow” of Fun!

Day 3 – Flat brown bag “cute”d up with a doily and a paper bow diecut! I discovered two Ghirardelli squares fit perfectly inside!  So, of course that is what I added to the cute bags!!

This  brown bag with cute paper bow and doily says on the back - It is such a "treat" to have you here!

This brown bag with cute paper bow and doily says on the back – It is such a “treat” to have you here!

Day 4 – Cherry Laffy Taffy’s with a cute stamped tag to match.

note says - A "cheery" thanks for all the "Laffs"!!

note says – A “cheery” thanks for all the “Laffs”!!

Here is another view of the back of the tag –

A "Cheery" thanks for all the "Laffs"!!

A “Cheery” thanks for all the “Laffs”!!

I am very pleased to say that my friends  really appreciated the effort I put into sharing a little beauty with them.  We are having our next retreat at the end of July so I am working my brain, trying to come up with new, cute ideas for this year!  New ideas for my family’s treat notes and for my friends at the retreat!!  I will be sure to post them, but not until after the fact, since I think they should see them first.  I don’t want to spoil their surprise!!

Maybe you could whip up a “treat” note for someone who needs some beauty in their life!!

Thanks so much for stopping by – please leave a note letting me know you were here!!

Linking up here – hitwithbestshot

9 thoughts on “Retreat Notes

Oh Taunya, these are toooooo stinkin’ cute. What a “sweet” idea!
    hugs, Penny

Kendra Blinzinger says:

So cute – as always! :)

These are super darling ideas, Taunya!!! I’m a lover of puns, so I’m adding these to my arsenal! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Kymona says:

Once again you out did yourself. Those gifts are so cute. Your friends are so lucky to have someone like you. I love getting away with my girlfriends. We haven’t done anything this year, yet. I hope we can get together before the year ends. All of us live in different parts of the country so at times it can be costly but I agree with you its so needed. If we do get to met up this year, I might have to use your idea. They would love me, lol. Great job.

Once again, your thoughtfulness and ‘sweet-heartedness’ are in full bloom with what you’ve shared here for your retreat friends and your ‘left behind’ family! Fabulous gifts in every way!! Little things can have such an impact, as you well now! Everyone loves receiving a reminder that someone considers them special, and your gestures do precisely that! Your crafting retreat sounds amazing – a group of like-minded people joining together to share creativity, inspiration and ‘laffs’ galore! Too much fun!! Looking forward to seeing what you’ll be dazzling and delighting ‘your people’ with this year!! I know your gifts will be nothing short of charming and fully infused with love!! Happy Sunday!

Taunya, these are simply delightful little gifties! Who would not love receiving something like this? Great job, and thanks so much for sharing your creativity! Hugs…

• 6.1

This is such a great idea!! One of my goals for this year was to do more “random acts of kindness” for my friends and even for strangers. I think I am going to have to come up with some of my own “retreat notes” and pass them along. Thank you for posting this!!

And an idea for this retreat-maybe some foot lotion, nail polish some of those things you put on your toes while you polish them? I created my friends teacher gifts with stuff like this and they loved them!!

Diane says:

You are such a sweet and thoughtful friend, Taunya! These are all great ideas, and they’re all adorable! I think God smiles a great big smile when He sees us giving of ourselves to others like this :)

Elizabeth says:

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE! I know your comments always make my day and I see you spread the love around. So great getting to cyber-know you!