CAS(E) this Sketch #80 – My First Try

I am very excited – I am playing at CAS(E) this Sketch #80 today!  Here is the sketch that I am playing off of:

CTS_Sketch_80

I made two versions of my card the first one has washi tape added but the picture isn’t very clear  –

This one with the washi tape!

This one with the washi tape!

So I tried a picture without the washi tape and liked it much better.  So below  is the one I will be linking up at CAS(E) this Sketch for this time # 80.

Without the washi tape!

Without the washi tape!

I wanted to add that all components of this card are from Doodlebug Design company. All but the pearls are from the Sugar Shoppe collection and the pearls are from a Spring assortment!

Thank you so much for looking and I would love any comments of encouragement you can give me!!

14 thoughts on “CAS(E) this Sketch #80 – My First Try

Robyn says:

Really like the way that you have combined the pretty colours,paper and image on this card. It’s gone into my faves file! TFS!

Very cute! Great job on the case! I agree…like the one without the Washi better, but both are wonderful! Thanks for sharing…and girl, you do not look fifty!

I like how you went all sweet and dainty with this sketch. Very cute.

Leigh Penner says:

Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Diane says:

I like the one without the washi tape better also, very cute card, love the sweet little vase of flowers and the fun colors with the addition of the gems!

Skye says:

A very sweet card. Nice combination of colours and linking between image and DP. A great take on the sketch.

Janis in ID says:

I agree, too…..I like it without washi better. Great job on the sketch! It looks like a really fun one to use. Love the colors you used and that image is adorable. Love Doodlebug!
    <3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Elizabeth says:

I do this too!–take photos of the same project with a couple of different embellishments in there to see which one I like best. Isn’t it strange how taking a picture of it helps make the decision? Almost like another set of eyes. Your projects are looking good, keep it up. :)

Fabulous take on the sketch, Taunya! The background papers are fabulous; perfect backdrop for your sweet vase of floral delights! Super cute! Brilliant you to take photo test runs to decide which card you preferred. My opinion: with or without the washi, this card is a knockout!! Hugs~c

This is so, so pretty, Taunya! The pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

These are both so sweet! Love the papers and a wonderful take on the sketch!

Mette says:

Lovely card. Loving the colors, pattern and sweet image.

Thank toy for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. Hugs, Mette

Mariana says:

I like your card very much. I prefer the one with no washi tape, looks more balanced and clean in my opinion. great job!

What a sweet card!! I like the one without the Washi too. I think it is a more balanced design. Sometimes you have to view it in a different way to see it, though. I always ask my daughter and she usually tells me if I am going over board. I do that a lot!! Great take on the sketch!! You need to now try more of these challenges!!