Using Stamps in Different Ways

Today I am sharing an idea about looking at your rubber stamps differently and finding other options for them.  The stamp set I am using is an old retired SU! stamp set called Perfect Party. The stamps in the set include a sugar cone, a scoop of ice cream, a present bow, a square present, the word celebrate and a couple others.  The interesting thing is what I did with that sugar cone and scoop of ice cream!  Are you ready to see? Here it is:

This card is cool because it offers a different opening method.  The word Celebrate is stamped on a folded piece of cardstock which has been glued onto the card front - Your message gets written inside there!

This card is cool because it offers a different opening method. The word Celebrate is stamped on a folded piece of cardstock which has been glued onto the card front – Your message gets written inside there!

Yes, I did turn them upside down and make a bear wearing a party hat – then used the bow to create a clown looking collar.  This was SO fun to make – this whole stamp set is super fun to play with!! In the caption under the photo it talks about the mini card that I added to the card front. Another cool idea?!?  The face on the bears is from another set from SU! called Fun Faces (of course, it is old and retired too).  I think sometimes it is fun to come up with different ways to use stamp images!!

Thank you so much for looking!! Hope you will make something beautiful soon so you can show someone you care!!

8 thoughts on “Using Stamps in Different Ways

Janis in ID says:

Brilliant use of the cone and bow!!! Super-adorable card! I’m going to have to look around my stash to see if I have something similar.
    <3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Paula Guthrie says:

So creative!! Love the tips and suggestions!!

I have seen this idea before, but this card is just too darling!!! LOVE it! You are so talented! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Diane says:

This is so incredibly CREATIVE (and adorable!!) I love coming up with ideas like this too, it’s wonderful to get as much mileage as possible from our stamps, isn’t it?

Darnell says:

Hi Taunya!

I’m sorry it has taken me a couple of days to reply to your lovely comment. I’ve been working my way through the challenge responses and comments in order. I see that you actually started your blog a couple of years ago, but that it’s been a bit hit and miss. This year looks like the year you are really getting it off the ground. I wish you all the best with it. I think this is the most amazing and friendly and supportive community! If you would like to follow me via the “Join This Site” blue button (if you haven’t already), I will introduce you to my other readers with a link to your blog.

You’re right to notice that commenting is a wonderful way to make friends. I don’t comment on every blog/post that I see in my travels, however, because I think people can tell when you are being genuine and I don’t say anything that I don’t mean, but I do return every comment. Another way to bring people to your blog is to join in challenges. Here again, I don’t just link up, I also visit and comment on other cards in the challenge galleries.

Anyway, I appreciate that you took the time to make your observation and visit me like you did! I’m not a Google + person, but I will subscribe to your blog. I think this card is as cute as all get out and I love how creative you are (and outside the box) with using your stamps! Feel free to email me any time at darnell dot knauss at gmail dot com. We’ve got our twin grandsons for the next five days, so my blog time will be cut back! Happily cut back!! Hugs, Darnell

What a fabulous way to use this stamp set. I always admire people that can think outside the box and use their stamps in different ways. I have never been one of those people, though. I try but it is so hard!! I love the little clowns and the colors you used. Such an adorable card!!

KMCorby says:

What a clever use of these stamps! I like the alternate way to write the message too. That might work well with a set of blank flat one-piece note cards I have. I love the colors, but I never really knew what to do with them.

[…] You can see the post for this card here! […]