You Light Up My Life card

**Linked up here at CASology Week 103: GLOW**

Week 103 - Glow

I also linked this card up at Paper Smooches – Anything goes

Anything Goes PSS FINAL

SPARKS BADGE

On Sunday I taught a lesson to a group of women at my church.  I talked about how there is always someone they could write an encouraging note to.  I challenged them to think of someone who “lights” up their life in some way, whether it be by example, their smile, the way they make people feel, and so on.  Then I gave each of the ladies in the group this card:

Used a simple white card base - added some yellow pattern paper and a strip of orange washi tape - then used an embossing folder to add the swirls - on a 1" square I stamped this lightbulb - in the corner stamped You Light Up My Life

Used a simple white card base – added some yellow pattern paper and a strip of orange washi tape – then used an embossing folder to add the swirls – on a 1″ square I stamped this lightbulb – in the corner stamped You Light Up My Life

My hope was that by having the card in hand they would accept the challenge and go forth and send out letters of encouragement.  This is something that is so important to me because EVERYONE likes and needs to hear nice, kind words full of true praise!! So I know you might not have this card to send but I would love it if you thought of someone who “Lights” up your life and then you wrote to them and let them know!!

I hope you will, if you do and you want to tell me about it, then leave me a little message!! Have a beautiful day!! daisies girl

Supplies used:

• White card base – The Paper Studio
  • Yellow Patterned Paper – Unknown (scraps I had)
  • Orange washi tape – Doodlebug Design, Inc
  • Lightbulb stamp – Stampin’ Up!
  • Saying – Paper Smooches
  • Embossing Folder – Tim Holtz

Linked up at www.housewivesofriverton.com

12 thoughts on “You Light Up My Life card

Annette says:

You are such a good example of this, Taunya. You do light up my life!

Such a beautiful, thoughtful idea and a pretty card to boot! :)

Gina Bates says:

Love this card and especially love the idea behind it. Your blog looks great!

OOPS! I posted on the wrong card although i am going to repost the correct response for the post below! I love this card and that you created it for someone to show them you care!! Awesome! You have inspired me to do the same.. I just am not sure who yet… It may be a few people!!! I hope you have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words! :) I am a new follower of yours too :)

What a wonderful idea, Taunya, and a sweet and thoughtful card to make for your class … I’m sure the recipients had their spirits lifted by such a warm gesture! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words … it’s much appreciated … and it meant I could come here and see your lovely blog too! Anita :)

Elena says:

What a beautiful Idea! Love your Card and the Idea behind it :)

Thank you for your lovely Comment on my Blog ♥
    Hope you have a wonderful Day!

Elena

conil says:

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. If your just getting started, your doing an awesome job. Love your clever use of washi and your color techniques. Glad to meet you.

Taunya! I’m borrowing this idea! I’ve never thought of layering the papers together and THEN embossing…too smart 😉

Gillian R says:

Wonderful card and such a lovely idea. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Love this card, and especially love what you are doing with your class–how wonderful to think that you can inspire such kindness, that will continue to multiply. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Judy1223 says:

Taunya, what a lovely idea to give out this card as a way to encourage others to send letters of their own. The glow of your card is matched by the glow of your lovely idea! I love your embossing (one of my favorite techniques). Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Ardyth says:

Love the idea of embossing it after it’s all together – it looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!